Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Challenge of Running In My Underwear

Back when I was in my 3rd year of college at the University of Central Arkansas, I was challenged by some friends to run with them in the inaugural Underwear Run. We all met in front of the school cafeteria. Keep in mind that it was in the month of December when we did this. Therefore, you know that it was ice cold out there. I decided to wear my black silk boxers. I should have worn some Fruit of the Looms ! Right as were getting ready to run this girl and her 3 friends came and stood right next to me in plain clothes. The girl that stood the closest to me said to her friends, " Hold this!" Within three minutes, she stood there next to me in what I suspected were Victoria's Secret under garments. I looked at her and replied, " You're running with me !" We ran all over campus. We ran in the library, and even in the campus police department. We ended our run by plunging into the school fountain. I ruined a good pair of Jordans doing that. The moral of this story is this: Throughout your young adult life, you are going to do random things to take up your time just because you feel that you have nothing else better to do. Although you may enjoy doing these wild things, always remember to be in this process of planing a better life for yourself. If not, as you get older you will be in your old age pondering about what you could have done better with your time. Check out this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CGExNLBAoI

No comments:

Post a Comment