Saturday, July 4, 2015

Showing off my 1st Car to my Grandpa Rogers

One of my worst critics in my life was my Grandpa Rogers. When I was younger, i told him that one day I would pull up to his house in a car. He doubted me. In exactly ten years after I made that statement I bought my first car. It was a 1981 Buick Century. It was a complete POS, but I loved it ! The first place that I drove after getting my license
plate tags was to see my grandpa. I jumped out of my car all excitedly and I ran inside to get him to show him my new accomplishment. 

 When he came out to the car, he made me open up all of the doors so that he could get a good look inside. The one thing that he did continuously was stare at the ceiling. I asked him, " Grandpa, what are you looking for?" He turned and smiled and said, " I am looking for FOOTPRINTS." It took about several minutes for it to dawn on me what he had stated. After I had figured it out, it was at that moment that I realized just how cool he was! 
On March 16, 2016, he passed away due to natural causes. Prior to his death, I used to visit him while he was bed ridden and confined to a nursing home. Our conversations are just as they were when I used to visit him at home. If your grandparents are still alive, please go and visit with them. You just may learn information about them that they may never share again.

1 comment:

  1. That's an amazing story. I'd love to hear more. It was very entertaining and heart warming. You need to share more.

    ReplyDelete