Thursday, July 2, 2015

Campaigning For a Good Friend

During the campaign season of 2014,  I helped a dear friend of mine by holding up their sign to get voters to vote for them. I noticed quite a few things while being posted up on that sidewalk. I noticed drivers that were talking and even texting on their cell phones. I even had a few ladies smile and yell out of their windows that they would in fact vote for my candidate. The most interesting thing that happened to me was a conversation that I had with a gentleman that took a break from work to come and witness his 18 year old son vote for the first time. He told me that he explained to his son that from now on, when they are having a discussion around the dinner table about politics and how it is structured, his son can now have a say so because he exercised his right to vote. I don't know about you all but, I was proud to see that there are parents are still encouraging their children to be more productive citizens. My only regret is that I didn't ask this guy for his name. He deserves the spotlight for a job well done. Stay tuned for more wild tales from yours truly !

No comments:

Post a Comment