Sunday, June 28, 2015

Very Bad Business

Once upon a time when I used to sell cars, On a Friday, this woman came to my job to solicit her catering business. Keep in mind that my manager wasn't going to give her a chance because we have other caterers that give us a great deal. So after much persuasion from me, they decided to go with her in a couple of weeks. Moving on to Saturday, I called her to deliver a personal order for me. She tells me that she may be 30 minutes late with my food. I was okay with it at first, because that was the time limit that she quoted. She actually showed up an hour and 45 minutes late ! Keep in mind that she had my number the whole time. Am I wrong to ask for some kind of discount for making me wait for half-way cold delivered food ? I ended up paying full price for it because, well, I was hungry ! Notice to small business owners: Customer service is way more important than price tag. If you deliver the best in customer service, your clients will generally pay you what you need to operate your business. When you give up customer service, in essence, you are asking for business failure.
I promise you that she will never get another dime out of me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment