Saturday, June 27, 2015

Missing in Action

My father was not in my life for the majority of my young adult years.
For a long time, it was hard for me to forgive him for not being there. It wasn't until years later that I found out that he wasn't present because he wasn't allowed to be there for me. I will say that he was there for my high school and college graduations. So that made it easier for me to forgive him. Now is he the jerk that my mom said that he was ?YES ! But that is something that I had to figure out for myself. I still love him just the same. One important thing that I have learned over the years is the following: You can't get back lost time with your parents. However, you can make sure that you at least try to make a better future for the both of you. As long as God gives you the precious time to have with your parents, do the best that you can to enjoy one another. Time stands still for no one. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment