Sunday, June 28, 2015

Treyvonne Martin Case viewed by the Elderly

One evening in July of 2013, I decided to take a break and visit with my aunt. I love to spend time with my elders. They allow us to look at life at a more simple perspective. Tonight's conversation was about the Treyvonne Martin case. I was looking for a profound answer when I asked her the following question: I said,"Auntie what are your thoughts about this case? " She said, " That young lady that they put on the stand sure was stupid ! I sure hope that her testimony doesn't hurt the case." I was floored ! I just knew that she going to tell me something insightful. Instead, I got the answer that I had already thought myself. I love older people. They aren't as different from us as we might think !

No comments:

Post a Comment