Sunday, September 24, 2023

A waste of $10 and time!

After watching a great victory of my college alma mater's football team, I wanted to be where the action would be. So I spoke to this hot chick and I asked them where the celebration party would be.

She told me that everyone was on their way to "The Den". Once I made it there, I showed them my identification and I spent $10 to get in. Once I got in, I got patted down by the security staff. He patted down my leg and then he responded, " What's that?" I said, " I'm black and we come well equipped!" He nodded and slightly pushed me aside to continue with his job.

Once I took a look around the place, I became sick to my stomach. I had never seen so many Double A's in the place in a long time, and I am not talking about batteries. I was thinking, "Whatever happened to the D's?" I was amazed at how young everyone looked. And then it hit me that this was their natural environment. I was the old person in the room! The only thing that the place had to offer was beer and karaoke. 

When I was younger people danced and had a great time until the early morning hours. This ambiance was something that I could not enjoy.

I learned something that night.  It's a new day with new players who are playing the same game. The days of long ago are now gone. It's time to get somewhere and sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment