Monday, April 16, 2018

How Does It Feel ?

A while back I had a random conversation about life in general with some young brothers in the barbershop. During the conversation, I let it slip that I had went to college and obtained a college degree.
One guy stopped me in the middle of speaking and he said, " Yo, man how does that feel to have one?'
And I replied, " It feels kinda good!"
He told me that he wanted to shake my hand so that some of that luck might rub off on him because he was in school and his financial aid was about to run out.
In that moment it really humbled me because I too remembered that hunger and the struggle that I went through to get it.
The moral of story is this: Never take your accomplishments for granted. Always remember that someone just like you is still fighting to get to where you are in life.
Never forget the bridges that have allowed you to cross over to the promised land.
Special thanks to all of those people that helped me to study/ cram for those exams in college. Most importantly I want to thank my friend that proofread my work and introduced me to those brilliant words and anecdotes that allowed me to fill up those long papers in college as well.
Without you I shudder to think if I would have ever made it out of college. The writing lab really paid off tremendously

No comments:

Post a Comment