Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sit Down and Shut Up

 Recently at my job as a front desk clerk , I met an elderly man that was traveling from Boston. He asked me, " Young man, who is the greatest basketball player of all time?" I immediately said, " Michael Jordan !"
He said, " What makes you believe this?" I said, " it's because he has 6 championship rings to prove it !" He looked at me and he laughed loudly. Then he said something that messed me up ! He said, " Young man, where I am from there was a man that played for the Boston Celtics years ago by the name of Bill Russell that won 11 of 13 Championship games that he played. He is also the first ever player/ coach.When you get a moment, you need to look him up. Sure Michael Jordan has shoe deals and he has been in commercials, But if you are going on rings alone, then you need to think again son." I was so heated when he said all of that to me. However, when you look back the record books, there you will see the name of Bill Russell. The moral of this story is this: Don't always allow the media to be your sole source of information when it comes to sports and other topics. Sit down, shut up, and learn to do your own research.

2 comments: