Friday, June 30, 2023

See Something, Say Something!

Years ago when I was a car salesman, I noticed that the top salesman was telling off-colored jokes to our co-workers and they were laughing.

Immediately I confronted him by telling him that what he was doing was wrong and that it should not be done in the workplace.

He looked at me and said, " What's the matter, is your wife Mexican or something?"

I said to him that he need to stop right there, because if he is the type of person who would joke about Mexicans, then I know that he would joke about Black people as well.

Weeks later after I confronted him, life was made hard for me to succeed at that job. No one wanted to associate with me for fear that I might confront them like I did the top salesman. 

I soon left there, but at the end of the day, I still feel great for speaking up when I noticed that something was wrong or inappropriate. 

The moral of the story is this:

Always remember that there is never a wrong time to do the right thing. When you notice that something is wrong, SAY SOMETHING!

You just never know who else might have wanted to say something but did not have the courage to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment