Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Time Waits For No Man

Recently, I went out to enjoy an evening of listening to music from my favorite jazz band. it was one of those events that you could bring an armchair. I had to stand out in the crowd so I brought my armchair with the footrest. Just about the time that I had gotten comfortable, I turned to my right and I locked eyes with this fine natural beauty. I gave her the " What's up" nod. She nodded back. After that I began to wait for an opening, if one at all, to speak with her. 
At the end of the night, the Disk Jockey played the hit song " Wobble" by VC. Why did he do that ?
My opportunity presented itself. The mystery lady came out and joined me and the rest of the crowd. We danced next to one another without saying a word.
A couple of minutes had gone by. Right as I turned to speak to her, I noticed that she was being lead away from what looked to be her friend.
My inner voice screamed out, "Noooo ! Wait ! "
She disappeared into the crowd and never to be seen again.
At that moment, I really wanted to curse. I had not felt this devastated since my early 20's !
I learned a value lesson in that moment. If you ever feel as if you have something to say to someone, don't waste time. Say what you have to say, because time waits for no one.
Never miss a golden opportunity to speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment