Friday, September 22, 2017

Old Porch Conversations

When I was younger I used to love to visit Sister Carter. Sister Carter was a woman from my old neighborhood that used to do my mother's hair. What I loved about her is that she was so on fire for Christ. I used to spend countless hours on my visits with her listening to her speak. She always seemed to be impressed with me because she loved the way that I dressed and carried myself. She always told me that when she saw me that I looked like what a young man was supposed look like. She loved that I believed in wearing belts and such.
At the end of our visits she would always give me a hug and say " Stay with the Lord !"
She went to be with the Lord a few years after I had graduated from college. I miss her dearly. Every now and then I will drive by her old house as a reminder of the conversations that I used to have with her on her porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment