Friday, November 18, 2016

Blessing My Neighbor

I am a firm believer that God blesses us so that we will eventually be a blessing to others. Earlier this year, someone showed compassion to me when my vehicle died and gave me a bike so that I could still get around my city. Recently, I was able to do the same for another person. 
However this person's story had a dramatic effect on me. 
She was a pregnant woman of 3 months that needed the bike because she wanted to be able to take care her 2 year old little girl on bike rides around the city. What really got to me is when she told me that she had just gotten out of an abusive relationship of 5 years.
The bike was more so a symbol for her freedom to move as she pleased with her child.
This story hit home to me because I am a child of someone that was a victim of domestic violence. I celebrated with her as she embraced her new found freedom.
The moral of the story is this: It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get out of a bad situation, All that matters is that you had the courage to do what to had to do to get out and live. Not everyone is so fortunate to do so. Always remember that your life and the life of your children matter. Get out before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment