Sunday, December 4, 2022

Christmas in the J.C. Clemons Sr. Home

 From 1984 to the early 2000s, Christmas was always one of the favorite times of the year for my step-father, J.C. Clemons, Sr.

He would always decorate our home with Christmas lights, and he loved to play Christmas music. Our house was always the best lit up house in the neighborhood. Everything was fine, until the light bill came.

I still remember him playing The Supreme's Christmas album and Gene Autry's Christmas songs every year.

One of the other things that we would receive is a bucket of fruit and nuts. To this day, I have no idea what that had to do with Christmas. 

Sadly, in April of 2010, he died due to a battle with lung cancer.

Whenever I hear those songs played on the radio, I can't help but think about those years when I was a child in his home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment