Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Ouch that Hurt:



I grew up in a household with two younger sisters. We were always at each others throats whenever the time permitted. However, there were times that I did have mercy for them. Those times were when they were getting their hair combed by my mother. Whenever the comb would be thrust back across their scalp they would always scream as if they were getting killed. Their screams for mercy didn't matter to my mom. They would just get accused of being tender headed.
After all of their suffering, they would usually end up in pigtails and barrets.
As an adult, the horrified screaming of little girls getting their hair combed still haunts me. I just pray that if you are a parent that is raising young women please go easy on them when you comb their hair. Their pain and suffering is real !

No comments:

Post a Comment