Saturday, August 27, 2016

Revenge Is Not Always Necessary

Many years ago, I grew up as a child whose parents had limited means of survival. Growing up in meager accommodations can be hard for anyone to endure. It is even worse when you are teased by the neighborhood children for not having as much. Recently, I ran into one of those rude characters from my past. In fact, I was with some of my friends when this person came to me for help. I could have easily taken this time to act a fool on them because of the way that they used to treat me years ago. Instead, I took the high road and I helped them fix their problem.
The moral of this story is this: When you have a chance to get even with someone and then you don't do so, it is at that point that you have truly mastered the true art of forgiveness. Always remember that forgiveness is not for the other person. It is to allow you the chance to move forward emotionally with your life. Thank God for maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment